We're looking for someone who is passionate about increasing awareness for our cause and organization, and growing our user base. In this role, you will own our user acquisition strategy, researching and implementing new strategies to help ensure both LGBTQ asylum seekers and relevant service providers across the country are aware of our lifesaving informational resource. You will also help to run the day-to-day of our online marketing accounts including Google AdWords, and MailChimp email account. And you will own our PR and media strategy, identifying and pitching reporters to ensure widespread awareness of both AsylumConnect and LGBTQ asylum seekers. This is an exciting, fast-paced and multi-faceted position. As our Director of Marketing & PR, you will have the unique opportunity to hone your user acquisition, digital marketing and PR/media relations skills while helping us to raise much-needed awareness for both our cause and organization.
- Report to (and work closely with) the Executive Director.
User acquisition strategy
- Your highest priority will be applying your marketing knowledge/frameworks to lead our effort to research and implement new strategies designed to help grow our user base.
- This may include:
- Explore marketing opportunities at U.S. & Canadian points of entry
- Reach out to related websites to secure online link referrals to our catalog site
- Revamp our Google AdWords presence (add new locations + keywords, oversee our monthly budget, etc.)
- Identify additional ways to improve our SEO
- Research additional print/online advertisers & place ads; work with our Creative Director on design of ads
Monitor day-to-day operations of our key online advertising tools
- Monitor AsylumConnect’s Google AdWords account (e.g. oversee budgeting, add/editing keywords + locations, serve as the primary point person for any pro bono AdWords consultations).
- Monitor AsylumConnect’s MailChimp email account (e.g. create content for biweekly or monthly e-newsletters, evaluate success of email campaigns).
PR & media relations
- Draft press releases and media lists, and pitch reporters.
- Oversee our Social Media Manager associate to ensure our social media channels. (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn) all remain active, informative, and in line with our organizational voice.
- Help us to increase our followings across social platforms.
- Work with our leadership team to develop a strong, consistent, and memorable message across all of our online platforms.
- Directly oversee/manage assigned associate position(s), including: Social Media Manager, Blogger and Marketing Manager.
- Interest/background in one or more of the following area(s): user acquisition research/strategy, marketing, online advertising, PR/media relations, social media.
- Strong research and project management skills.
- Innovative vision for possible marketing campaigns to increase awareness for our cause and organization.
- Ability to clearly articulate the mission and significance of AsylumConnect across online platforms.
- Ability to pitch AsylumConnect to reporters and journalists.
- Superior written and oral English language skills.
- Creative, passionate, reliable, and self-motivated.
- Ability to work collaboratively and meet deadlines.
- Bonus(es): Experience with Google AdWords & Analytics, PPC ads, social media advertising (Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads, etc.), MailChimp or related email marketing service, implementing SEO strategies, video creation/production ability.