The Assistant Director of Development is responsible for supporting the Director of Development in planning, organizing, and directing all of AsylumConnect’s fundraising including: the annual Giving Club, individual donations, private and public grants, corporate partners, and special events. The Assistant Director of Development works closely with the Director of Development and Executive Director in all development and fundraising endeavors.
- Report to (and work closely with) the Director of Development.
- Help lead the effort to identify all possible sources of funding for AsylumConnect.
- Work to raise sufficient funding to hire AsylumConnect’s first paid full-time staff.
- Establish and maintain relationships with donors, foundations, and corporate partners.
- Cultivate a portfolio of priority donor relationships.
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Grow the annual Giving Club program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Assist with grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Assist with prospect research.
- Help to oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Perform other fundraising related duties as requested.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Strong interpersonal and grant writing skills.
- Extensive knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to the nonprofit sector.
- Nonprofit fundraising experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with online communication tools (e.g. G Suite, Slack, Zoom, Asana Project Management).
- Experience leading in a remote environment preferred.
- Experience with volunteer management preferred.